OET writing sample test 2 for nurses
OET Writing sample test 2 for Nursing
Welcome to a new OET writing sample test 2 for nurses from OET2.com.
You will have 5 minutes to read the letter and 40 minutes to write your answer.
We do not guarantee a free correction of letter, but we will do our best to evaluate it.
Please wait for few seconds after stating the test for the file to be uploaded
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the test.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST
WRITING SUB-TEST: Nursing
TIME : READING: 5 MINUTES
WRITING : 40 MINUTES
Read the case notes below and complete the writing task which follows.
Caderina Piper is a 90-year-old woman has been a patient of the Beacham Ambulatory Care Center of which you are a Charge Nurse.
Patient: Caderina Piper
Age: 90 year
Marital status: Widowed-the husband dies as a result of respiratory arrest
Social/family background: Only relative is a nephew who talks with her about once a month.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Chronic conditions are pernicious anemia, osteoarthritis, and urinary incontinence. She is fully functional and fully independent.
- October 2016, her home is broken into and is ausculted and robbed She was very distressed, delusional and confused. She slowly improved over 2 months and was discharged to a senior living building in a community in eastern Baltimore County.
- In March of 2017, the patient is seen in the office. She is still very ill emotionally. She is crying, depressed (not suicidal), and stressed about her new home. She wants to move to a new Senior Housing unit because it would be on the bus route making it easier to get around.
- In November 2017, 9 months after moving to a new facility, she becomes acutely ill with psychotic symptoms and severe paranoia. She hallucinates that men and women are in her bed and calls others all hours of the day. She is hospitalized on a psychiatric unit and improves over about 14 days without antipsychotic medication.
- One week following discharge from the hospital, symptoms rapidly recurred when she returned to the senior apartment.
- Haloperidol 0.025 – 1.0 mg/day
- cognitive behavioral therapy and exposure therapy
- Encourage identification ineffective coping mechanisms and consequences
- Provide adequate time for pt to discuss and explore feelings
- Encourage acceptance of emotions
- Develop appropriate support systems/referrals for further therapies
- Administer meds as ordered
- Call the emergency number if she tries to hurt herself or others
- Call the doctor if she cannot sleep or sleeping too much
Using the information given in the case notes, write a letter of discharge to Ms. Bhavna Sandrine, the Charge Nurse at Palmer Home Care Facility, informing her about the patient’s condition and her medical and psychological needs. Address your letter to Ms. Bhavna Sandrine, Charge Nurse, Palmer Home Care Facility, Baltimore.
In your answer:
● Expand the relevant notes into complete sentences
● Do not use note form
● Use letter format
The body of the letter should be approximately 180–200 words.
Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.
This response will be reviewed and graded after submission.