About my family – A1 Reading test 2
A1 Elementary level – Reading Test 2
Read the text and for questions 1 to 9 choose the correct answer.
About my family
I’m going to tell you about my family. I live with my little sister, mum, and dad. We live in London, although I grew up in Lancaster, a beautiful city in the North of England.
My dad’s name is Pierre. He’s from France, and he speaks English and French. When he was young, my mother went to France on a student exchange, and they met there. A few years later, my dad moved to England and married my mum. He works as a French teacher. He’s very tall –much taller than my mum– and athletic. He’s got short blonde hair and blue eyes.
My mum’s name is Anna. She’s English. She’s quite short, and she’s got long curly brown hair and brown eyes. She works at a chemist’s opposite our home. She can speak French too!
My sister Julia is 18 years old, and she’s got the same color of hair and eyes as my father. She loves playing the piano and dancing. She’s very talented, and she would like to be a professional musician.
I’ve got short blonde hair like my dad, but brown eyes like my mom. We all love playing board games together on Friday evenings, and we always order pizza. Our favourite game is Monopoly. Oh, I almost forgot…we’ve also got a pet cat, Snowball. She’s all white and has got a lot of fur. She likes sleeping on me.
Write back soon. Please, tell me about your family too.
0 of 9 Questions completed
You have already completed the test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the test.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 9 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Question1 point(s)
1. Jonathan was born in London.CorrectIncorrect
2. Question1 point(s)
2. His parents both speak more than one language.CorrectIncorrect
3. Question1 point(s)
3. They got married in France.CorrectIncorrect
4. Question1 point(s)
4. Jonathan’s mother is a lot shorter than his father.CorrectIncorrect
5. Question1 point(s)
5. She doesn’t work far from home.CorrectIncorrect
6. Question1 point(s)
6. Jonathan’s sister’s got blue eyes.CorrectIncorrect
7. Question1 point(s)
7. She works as a musician.CorrectIncorrect
8. Question1 point(s)
8. Jonathan’s hair is the same colour as his mother’s.CorrectIncorrect
9. Question1 point(s)
9. On Fridays, they always eat the same thing.CorrectIncorrect