OET writing sample test 1 for nurses
OET Writing sample test 1 for Nursing
Welcome to a new OET writing sample test 1 for nurses from OET2.com.
You will have 5 minutes to read the letter and 40 minutes to write your answer.
We do not guarantee a free correction of letter, but we will do our best to evaluate it.
Please wait for few seconds after stating the test for the file to be uploaded
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the test.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST
WRITING SUB-TEST: Nursing
TIME : READING: 5 MINUTES
WRITING : 40 MINUTES
Read the case notes below and complete the writing task which follows.
You are a registered nurse working at The New Victoria Hospital. Your patient, Ms. Anna Dijana, is being discharged today.
Patient: Anna Dijana
Age: 42 year old
Admitted: 15th July 2018
Discharge: 25th July 2018
Diagnosis: R proximal tibia fracture & lateral tibial plateau fracture, Compartment syndrome
Treatment: External-Fixation, fasciotomies R lower leg
Past medical history: Seizures on Carbamazepine
- On 15th July 2018, right knee pain after falling off stairs
- Unable to bear weight on R leg
- School teacher, married with two children.
- Non-smoker, social drinker.
Medical management and progress:
- Pt was rushed to OR for two-incision (four-compartment) fasciotomies R lower leg
- PostOp > fractures stabilized w/ external fixator & fasciotomies performed
- Pain medications
Nursing management and progress:
- Wound vac on fasciotomy incisions
- The wound and drainage from the wound assessed for signs of infection
- Patient is free of infection.
- Wound is red in color, free of drainage, no odor or redness.
- No swelling or pain. Vital signs are normal.
- Patient is resting comfortably.
Discharge plan: Patient teaching about the wound site, signs and symptoms of infection and to notify a nurse immediately if anything changes. teach the patient how to keep the area sterile by keeping blankets and clothing out of reach of the wound, resting the extremity, body part. Advising any visitors of the same factors. Teach the patient about the expected drainage.
Using the information given in the case notes, write a letter of discharge to Ms. Cathy Ina, the community nurse at Baillieston Community Care, informing her about the patient’s condition and her medical and nursing needs. Address your letter to Ms. Cathy Ina, Community Nurse, 6 Buchanan St, Glasgow G69 6DY, UK.
In your answer:
● Expand the relevant notes into complete sentences
● Do not use note form
● Use letter format
The body of the letter should be approximately 180–200 words.
Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.
This response will be reviewed and graded after submission.